Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Jesus Wants Us To Share the Gossip?


Yesterday morning as we were riding in the car, Prince asked, "Mom, do Christians gossip?"
Not really sure where he was going with this, I responded: Yes, Christians gossip and so do people who aren't Christian.  Gossip is a sin, and God doesn't want us to gossip about people, but we all sin and make mistakes.  The important thing is to try to remember not to do it, and to only say nice things about people.
Prince said, "Oh."  and with that, I thought I was off the hook.
Then Princess said, "But some gossip is good.  It depends on the context.  Jesus wants us to talk about him and so we should spread the Gossipel.  So that would be good gossip, right?"

So then we had a conversation about the difference between the words gospel and gossip but this got me to thinking.  The Bible says in Mark 16:15 "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." What if we were as excited to share the good news of the gospel as we are to share a juicy piece of gossip?  We talk about all of the things going on in our lives, the people we love and the people we find it difficult to love.  If we talked about people in proportion to how much we love them, it seems to me we would talk about Jesus a lot more and not so much about the lady who aggravated us when she did this, that or the other.  My kids teach me so much about who I want to be, about who God wants me to be. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! This is so true. Thanks for the reminder. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete