Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Mom Gets a Break

My children are the sweetest, most precious beings on this earth...most of the time. I must admit though, that with this week being Spring Break, and me being home with them all day every day, I've been a little bit crazy. Tonight I was blessed enough to have dinner a little bit of shopping time with my sister and a dear friend and oh, it was so good to have that adult conversation. The food was good, the fellowship was awesome and I ate dinner without having to cut anyone's meat or clean up any spills. Shopping did not include someone whining about being ready to go...well, OK I might have whined a little when my sister didn't seem to be ready to go and I was getting tired. But it was a great night out. As much as I love my children, it was nice to get a little bit of a break from them. It was also nice that they got some quality one on one time with their daddy. When I got home, there was a camp-out happening in our family room and everyone was sound asleep. Now that everyone has been moved to their beds, I think I'm going to go to mine and when I wake up in the morning, I will be refreshed and ready to start a new day with my little darlings. Good night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment