Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Who I Am and Why I am Blogging

I work part time as a preschool director and full-time as mommy to 5-year-old twins. They were a wonderful surprise from God, but are truly miracle babies as their birth story is anything but ordinary. I can't remember a time when I did not have Christ in my life, but the last several years have been an intense time for growth and trusting in Him. I am living proof that God still performs miracles in ordinary people and I am passionate about sharing God's love for His people. I love children and want them all to have a solid foundation of knowing that Jesus loves them.I am married to my best friend and have known him since we were 13 years old. He works an hour away from our home so that I can be closer to my family and have help when I need it. We have been married 8 years and it doesn't seem like it has been that long ~ I guess time flies when you're having fun! He has been my rock and has supported me through a long battle with illness, that is now finally in check. We enjoy spending time with our children playing games, watching movies, going to Disney World, the beach, just being together.I love to read and am often reading 3 or 4 books at one time. I also enjoy all kinds of music and I love to sing. I like to experiment in the kitchen and learn new recipes and cooking techniques. I do not like doing laundry, and often have a large mountain of clothes waiting to be folded and put away. I am trying to do better with that. I find the Proverbs 31 woman intimidating and hope that some day I can live up to the standard she sets. I am a true romantic and an optimist and I believe in happily ever after.

I have always liked to journal and reflect upon the things going on in my life...how God uses people and experiences to help me grow, how God uses me to help others, things my children say and do... I find that I have not been consistently journaling for quite some time now and I miss it. So my initial purpose for this blog was selfish in wanting to keep a journal for myself. However, as I read other blogs, I learn from other women who find themselves in similar situations, time constraints, and with experiences as me. My hope is that as I share with others, they will feel encouraged, and realize that they are not alone. I pray that God will use this blog as a blessing to those who read it.

Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. You are already speaking to my heart and you are an amazing writer! I look forward to the future of this blog and everything it has to say! Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa. This has been on my heart for a while and I'm finally doing it! I love and miss you too, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachael~
    You are an inspiration! I'm blessed to have met you through the preschool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah, thanks. I hope that although I am writing for myself, I can share something that will encourage other women as well.

    ReplyDelete