Thursday, February 7, 2013

Goodbye to Yesterday Review


I enjoy reading Amish fiction, but haven't read one in quite a while.  Goodbye to Yesterday was a good way back in.  It is the first of a new six part series by Wanda E Brunstetter.

Meredith and Luke Stoltzfus are an Amish couple who are faced with the greatest challenge of their young lives. Financial struggles. Arguments. A suspected pregnancy. A last-minute trip to Middlebury, Indiana. A drug addict on the run. A deadly encounter at a Philadelphia bus station. Will their love and faith be enough to bring them back together again, against all odds?

Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down.  It left a real cliff hanger and I can't wait until the other parts of the series come out.  I must say that I would have much preferred for Brunstetter to publish the entire story in one book and I found it a bit jarring to stop mid-way through the story with no closure.  I also think that while $4.97 seems to be a reasonable price for a book, when you figure there are six parts to the story, you are actually paying almost $30 for what might ordinarily be in one book.  That seems a bit on the pricey side to me.  However, it is still a good read if you are into Amish fiction.

I received this book from Handlebar Publishing for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment