1. What do you do at the first sign of a cold? Will you get a flu shot this year?
At the first sign of a cold I start with the orange juice and airborne. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't get sick with that kind of stuff often, but since my immune system is compromised with Crohn's, when I do get it, it takes me a long time to get over it. I get a flu shot every year.
2. What advice can you give about how to conquer fear?
I used to be a very fearful person. I grew up afraid of everything and it kept me from doing things that I have since found out were fun. The idea of driving on the interstate terrified me for a while in college. Not so fun fact: I've never flown on an airplane because I was always afraid to fly. In the last 7 years I have been close to death twice. When the twins were born I had HELLP syndrome and I went into acute renal failure and my body began to shut down. Not quite two years later I had a doctor at Mayo Clinic telling me that because of my Crohn's, if I didn't have surgery within the next month, I would die from malnutrition. Those were both times when I could have been afraid. I probably should have been afraid. I wasn't afraid. I discovered that I wasn't afraid to die because I knew where I would go. Now that I'm not afraid, there are 1001 things on my list to do. Flying is one of them, just got to figure out where to go for my first flight ~ and how to afford it with all four of us going.
3. Share two good things about your life right now.
I have a husband and kids who love me no matter what and I am able to work in ministry that I feel passionately about.
4. A hot fall fashion trend in 2011 is a return to sixties style...tunics with pants, shift dresses, pencil skirts, cinched waists, bold prints, high necklines and short lengths to name a few. How does this fashion trend fit with your wardrobe and personal sense of style?
Lately I have tried to regain a sense of style. Since becoming a Mom, my style has been more blue jeans and a top.
5. Were you involved in scouting as a kid? How about as an adult?
I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout as a kid and I have many fond memories from camping and doing things with my friends. We haven't gotten involved with scouting with the twins yet.
6. Apple, pear, plum, pumpkin...your favorite fall flavor?
7. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher?
A love for children, flexibility, understanding, and the ability to think outside of the box.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Here they are last year with my kids.