Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday Hodge Podge

It's Hodgepodge Wednesday!  If it weren't for Joyce, I wouldn't have a consistent Wednesday post.  Everybody to over to give a shout out to Joyce ~ but first read my answers below.

1. Do you and your family enjoy camping? What do you enjoy most/like the least when it comes to family camping? When was the last time you camped?

We have not camped since the kids were born.  Hubby and I used to camp with my in-laws when we were dating and first married.  The problem is that Hubby and I both think that our idea of camping is at the Hampton Inn.  My favorite thing about camping is sitting around the campfire at night.  My least favorite thing about camping is probably everything else...the bugs, the dirt, not having indoor plumbing, sleeping on the ground...
2. Did you attend a summer camp when you were a kid? Is that a happy or not so happy memory?
I attended church camp for a week each summer when I was in youth group.  Those are some happy memories, although I also remember getting homesick some as well.  I used to meet my friend Suzanne there each year.  She had moved away to a different part of Florida but we would meet there and rekindle our friendship each summer. 
Also, in high school, I went to band camp each summer.  Hubby likes to tease me and say, "This one time at band camp..." Yes, I was a band nerd and in fact at one time I was "Queen of the Band Nerds," as I was drum major also.  Those were some great times in my life and I made many friends.
3. Over the course of your life, what have you probably spent more time pondering than anything else?
I think I have probably pondered God's plan and will for my life more than anything else.  I want to live a life that is pleasing to Him and I am constantly assessing whether or not my words and actions are in line with His will.
4. Which of the seven natural wonders of the world would you most like to see? There are many lists of 'wonders' but this is the standard natural wonder list-Mount Everest, The Great Barrier Reef, The Grand Canyon, Victoria Falls, The Harbor of Rio de Janerio, Paricutan Volcano and The Northern Lights.
This is a tough decision for me to make...I would love to see all of them of course, but I guess the one I would like to see the most would be The Northern Lights.

5. What was your first real job?
I did a lot of babysitting and worked at a few retail places very part-time in college but my first real job was teaching in a self-contained learning disabilities class, K-2 grades.  I loved that little class.
6. Lemonade or Sweet tea...which do you prefer on a hot summer day?
Sweet tea (pronounced swayt tay ~ you have to have the long a sound in there)


7. What is something that always brings a smile to your face?
Hearing belly laughs from little kids...especially mine and the sight of these two little faces:


8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are packing up to go, yet again!  It's been a busy summer.  This time, the kiddos and I are heading up to Tennessee with my parents and Mema for a family reunion.  Hubby doesn't get to go because he took last week off to go to Conference with me and he has to stay and work.  I am looking forward to spending time with my great-aunts and uncles and cousins.  We don't get to see each other nearly enough.  We're going to rough it at the Hampton Inn ~ that's my idea of camping!
These are my the aunts and uncles at our wedding almost 10 years ago.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your getaway...where in TN will you be staying? I love East TN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you about the camping. Give me the Hampton Inn any day. And sweet tea would taste even sweeter pronounced properly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy sweet tea.. Children are the best. Have fun with your family..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you on the camping issues. The only reason my tent camping experience was as enjoyable as it was is my husband thought of everything. He completely planned and organized it - I just showed up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun "camping" in Tennessee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are camping now...and I wish I had taken the time to join the Hodge Podge because I have great answers for everything. Joyce does give great prompts.

    ReplyDelete