Saturday, June 11, 2011

His Grace is Enough

When Hubby and I were at Conference last week we sang one of my favorite songs "Your Grace is Enough."  If you aren't familiar with the song, the chorus says, "Your grace is enough, Your grace is enough, Your grace is enough for me."  I love this song because it is so true in its simplicity.  His grace is enough for me, for all of us.  If it weren't for God's unmerrited grace, I don't know where I'd be. 
2 Corinthians 12:9 says:
"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
Paul had a thorn in the flesh.  We don't know exactly what that was, but we know that he had acute physical pain.  We all have weaknesses in our lives, areas where we must rely on God to step in and work through it.  My battle with Crohn's Disease has been up and down and sometimes quite frankly gets in the way of what I want to do.  BUT, His grace is sufficient.  He finds ways to work in and through our weaknesses.  I grew up singing "Amazing Grace," but didn't truly know what that grace was all about until I was too sick to get out of the bed and had to rely on Him to get me through each day.  He has used my illness as a testimony to His faithfulness to His people.  God always keeps His promises and He still performs miracles in ordinary people.   You can read more about God's amazing grace HERE.

1 comment: