Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Great Mogul Diamond ~ A Book Review

I was excited to receive and read "The Great Mogul Diamond" by G.P. Taylor.  It is a part of the Dopple Ganger Chronicles, although the story stands on its own and I haven't read the other books.  It is part graphic novel, part young adult action novel and is the first book of this kind that I have read.  I think this book would appeal especially to young adult readers who have difficulty maintaining interest in traditional books and provides great motivation to read.

Twins Saskia and Sadie have been adopted by their friend, Muzz Elliott.  They overhear a phone conversation where they determine that someone is trying to blackmail Muzz.  They involve their friend Eric as they try to figure out who is blackmailing Muzz to steal the Great Mogul Diamond.  This book is full of action and holds interest. 

This book is recommended for children ages 9-12, but I think adults and children alike would enjoy this read.  I can see myself reading this aloud to my own 7 year-old twins.

To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment