1. July is National Ice Cream month...your favorite flavor? Soft served, hand dipped, or frozen yogurt...which do you prefer? And technically yogurt is not ice cream but its hot outside so I'll let that slide for today.
I have been on an ice-cream kick this summer ~ my waist line does not thank for me this, but it has been so hot! My classic favorite is mint chocolate chip. However, I have discovered Ben and Jerry's Late Night Snack....it is so yummy!
2. When you travel do you tend to pack too much or too little?
I tend to pack too much...you know, just in case I need this, that or the other. I have found though, that the older the kiddos get, the more I think we can live without and I pack a lot lighter than we once did. When the twins were babies we had to pack 2 of just about everything and we went through double the diapers, double the formula, baby food, clothes, etc.
3. What's your favorite cleaning product?
Clorox or Lysol wipes. I love those things for quick wipe-downs of counter tops, the bathrooms, etc.
4. Which is the greater tragedy-an innocent person imprisoned or a guilty person set free? Explain.
I had to really think about this one but I think the greater tragedy is an innocent person imprisoned. If a guilty person is set free, God will still deal with that person and their transgressions. He is the ultimate judge. I had to be reminded of this a few weeks ago when what I thought was a very unfair verdict was delivered and a young lady was acquitted and walked free.
5. What's the longest trip you've taken by car?
One summer we went to Washington DC in our family van. It was a 14 hour trip and my dad only wanted to stop for gas with limited potty stops. My dad put a 5 gallon bucket with lysol in it in the back of the van for emergencies...YUCK! If I remember correctly, the air condition broke on the way home and we were roasting in the back of that van. My sister and I still talk about that trip and how we didn't want to use that bucket.
The good things that happened on that trip:
- We spent Independence Day at our Nation's Capital and were so close to the fireworks that ashes were falling on us.
- We saw President and Mrs. Reagan drive by in a motorcade, waving.
- We visited the Smithsonian, toured the White House, Capitol, and all of the other usual exhibits.
- We visited with friends that lived in Virginia.
- Despite the bucket and lack of AC, we still have great memories of the vacation and can laugh about it now!
It's been so hot this summer that it's hard for me to think about picking one of these but I'd say biking.
7. What sound drives you crazy?
Anything high-pitched...fingernails on a chalkboard is probably the biggest. It sends chills down my spine.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I can't believe that summer is almost over! School starts back on August 10th and I have so much to do between now and then. This week has been spent getting everyone in my house nursed back to health. Hubby has had a sinus infection and the kiddos have had strep and ear infections. It's been a fun week ~ NOT. At least everyone is feeling better and will be back up to par before school starts.