In many ways my hometown has not changed, although it has grown considerably since I was a kid. I am not looking forward to the changes that the end of the Space Shuttle program is bringing. We have many people who are out of or about to be out of jobs and many businesses are struggling.
2. What song makes you laugh?
3. Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Read the books? Seen any/all of the movies? Will you be standing in line somewhere close to midnight later this week? For those of you playing along today who live outside the US or UK is Harry Potter a phenomenon in your part of the world?
I have not read any of the Harry Potter books or seen any of the movies. Somehow I missed the craze with all of this and at times wonder what I'm missing. I have many friends who are into it, I just never got into it.
4. If the truth hurts, will you tell a lie? Are we better off as a society in a world that allows no form of deception whatsoever?
I try to speak the truth in love. There are ways to say something that are more tactful, although sometimes there is no getting around hurting someone you love. I would really rather just avoid the conversation if it isn't something that is really important and I know it will hurt the other person. However, if it is really important, I would rather talk to my friend or loved one and have them hear it from me rather than someone else. There may be hurt immediately, but in the long run I would hope that we could overcome the hurt feelings and come to an understanding.
5. What is your favorite 'sauteed in garlic and butter' food? Or garlic and olive oil if that makes you feel better.
Green beans sauteed in garlic and EVOO. Love them!
6. Attending any reunions this summer/year? High school? family? Other? Do these events stir up excitement or dread?
I get excited about family reunions. I love spending time with family...especially the extended family that I don't see often.
7. Lilac, hydrangea, peony...pick one.
Hydrangeas...I love them!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We are in full birthday mode around here and I've got to get busy making the kids' cakes. Tonight Hubby pulled out the home videos from our time in the NICU and when we first brought the babies home. We decided they were old enough to see what it was all about. This is probably only the 2nd time in 7 years that Hubby and I have watched these movies and I have to say that watching them with the kids was therapeutic. It was so great to be able to sit with them and let them see how much we loved and wanted them and how we cared for them.
Here they are just 5 weeks old!