Wednesday, August 18, 2010

God Never Changes

Change is hard.  Yet everywhere I look, things are constantly changing.  There have been some major changes in my life since my two favorite little people have started kindergarten.  It's hard to get used to not having two little shadows with me all the time and it's so quiet without them!  My school has started back and I've added more job responsibilities, going back into the classroom, which I love, but it's still a huge change.  Add to that the fact that I will be 35 in a few weeks, let's just say that things are a little turbulent for me right now.  This time of transition leaves me feeling unsettled, as I struggle to find my place and find some kind of a new "normal." 
This morning during my quiet time I received a word from God.  His reminder came through one of my favorite authors, Max Lucado.  Max's quote for today was "When everything else in your life is changing, God never changes."  That gives me such comfort.  God is always the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  His promises are sure and He is always there.  So no matter what is going on in my life, I can always count on God's presence in my life.  I can always rely on Him to keep me company, to help me figure out who I am and what I am supposed to be doing and even to help me deal with turning 35. 

1 comment:

  1. Not 35...29 (for the 6th time)!

    Happy Almost b-day. Wish we could go out for cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete