Saturday, June 12, 2010

Children's Miracle Network

Yesterday morning when I was checking out at the grocery store, the cashier asked me if I wanted to make a donation to Children's Miracle Network. There are certain organizations that I always give to, and that is one of them. It happened yesterday that the twins were with me and it was an opportunity to share with them. I explained to them that Children's Miracle Network paid for some of the equipment they used when they were in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) as tiny babies. Because they helped our babies, we want to help other babies. It's just that simple. Before our NICU experience I never knew exactly what organizations such as CMN and March of Dimes do. I now know all too well, from first hand experience and would encourage you, if you are asked to donate, to consider doing so. They help give babies and children a good start in life.



This picture was taken in the NICU when the twins were just over 2 weeks old.


Look at how far they have come!

4 comments:

  1. They were taking a collection in front of Wal-Mart for March of Dimes a while back. When we dropped coins into the bucket, I introduced my pre-mature babies (now HUGE 4 year olds) to the lady. It was kinda surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ro, is that the baby prince on the left?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra, yes it is neat to see how much they have grown and to think of how tiny they used to be. I admit that I teard up as I was explaining to the twins about their time in the NICU. The cashier was wearing a button with a preemie with oxygen on it and when I told them they had that, it brought back all of those memories.

    ReplyDelete