Friday, April 29, 2011

Book Review: Lilies in Moonlight

Although it had a slow start, Lilies in Moonlight by Allison Pittman, was a great read.  Once I got past the first few chapters, I had difficulty putting the book down. 

Lily Margolis, a flapper in the roaring 20's, has a delightful personality and I fell in love with the character.  She is running from her past, an overly critical mother, and lacks focus and vision for what she should do with her life.  Cullen Burnside, wounded by the war as well as failure to please his now deceased father,  has much to overcome as well.  The two are brought together by Cullen's mother, Betty Ruth, who has dementia.  Betty Ruth shows Lily what a mother ought to be and teaches her of the unconditional love and forgiveness of God.  These characters take a journey that brings healing and forgiveness. 

This is the first book I've read by Pittman, and now I want to read the other two books in this series, although each book stands on its own.  On a scale of 1 (poor) to 5 (fantastic), I would give this book a 4, as I thoroughly enjoyed the story.  I was given this book for free by WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group in exchange for a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment