Monday, April 25, 2011

Christ is Risen Indeed!

Christ is Risen!  Hallelujah!  What joy the women must have felt when they went to the tomb to find he was no longer there, but that he was alive.  Because of Jesus, death has no sting for he has won the victory.  Twice I have faced death, come very close, yet I wasn't afraid.  I always thought I would be afraid to die, but when it came down to it, I just felt peace.  His peace.  I think it's because I knew I would be with him.  Though he felt alone and forsaken when he had to go to the cross, Jesus never leaves us and he never forsakes us.

Easter at our house was wonderful.  The kiddos got up at 5 a.m. to see what the Easter Bunny brought.  5 a.m. people!!  When Princess came yelling into our room that the Easter Bunny had come, Hubby sent her away to either go back to bed or play quietly.  I'm not sure why he didn't tell her that it wasn't even morning yet.  For our pruposes, it was still the middle of the night.  I'm pretty sure this is paybacks for all of those times that I woke my parents up at some ridiculous hour in excitement.  Hubby helped coordinate our Easter outfits this year and he ordered us all flowers to match.  He is quite good at this and I so appreciate his help with it.
Here we are after church

The five grandchildren.  I think my nephews are so cute in their matching suits!

I hope you all had a blessed Easter.  I pray that as you go throughout the week you will keep a song in your heart.  The song in my heart is an oldie but a goodie.  "He lives, he lives!  Christ Jesus lives today.  He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.  He lives, he lives, salvation to impart.  You ask me how I know he lives.  He lives within my heart."

2 comments: