Sunday, September 19, 2010

Super Saturday

Yesterday we spent a beautiful day at the beach.  We are such spontaneous people, we didn't even plan this ahead of time.  That's about as spontaneous as we get, as Hubby and I usually plan our weekends out to the nth degree, making the most of each minute.  We're working toward being more spontaneous mostly because we are just tired.  Tired of running here and there and it takes a lot of work to plan it all out.  OK so looking at our calendar maybe we can try for one unplanned weekend a month because we've pretty much got the next several weekends planned out.  Baby steps people, baby steps!

On the way out to the beach, I ran in Publix to get some food to take with us.  When I returned to the car I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Hubby had selected some nice Michael W. Smith praise music from my i-pod.  I said, "Hubby, Michael W. Smith?  Wow!"  He says, "Well, I WAS playing a song from the Pretty Woman soundtrack until your son said, 'Dad, would this song glorify Jesus?  I don't think it's a Jesus song.  I think we need to listen to music that would praise Jesus.'"  So Hubby had to pick something that would glorify Jesus.  I love my kids!  They're going to have their daddy listening to praise and worship music yet. 

The beach was gorgeous and relaxing.  After coming home to shower, we went on a scavenger hunt for fried oysters.  Hubby was craving them and we drove about 20 minutes to a restaurant in another town only to find a big sign on the door that said they were out of oysters.  So we drove back to town to try a new restaurant by the pier that was really good.  I guess we should have started there to begin with.  We had a great dinner out and came home for Family Game Night.  All in all, we had a fantastic day and really enjoyed each other's company.

1 comment:

  1. I have a very vague memory of a MWS concert long about high school/middle school age....

    We listen to KLOVE only in the car because of that very same reason...little ears hear more than you think they do!

    ReplyDelete