Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Thoughts


Easter has come and gone and we have observed the usual traditions. I love that my family has traditions that are passed on to each generation. From egg hunts, to letters from the Easter Bunny that remind children that Jesus is the reason for Easter, I love that my children are experiencing Easter as I did. I love that 4 generations worship together. Seeing my children interact with their great-grandmother is so awesome. It reminds me of when I was a little girl, sitting in church with my parents and Mema.

By the way, for those wanting to see my awesome Easter dress that hubby picked out all by himself, I'm posting a picture. He did great!

In spite of the traditions, I find that Easter leaves me with different feelings and thoughts each year. Isn't it amazing how God's word is living and active? I mean, I read the same passages every year. They tell the same story of Jesus' death and resurrection but I'm left with different impressions and have another level of understanding. This morning I got so emotional as I thought about the personal connection I feel with Jesus and the gratitude for what he did when he suffered so much for me. Then the idea that after all he'd been through, the grave could not hold him!

Tomorrow I will return to work and the kids' school routine but I am forever changed by this Easter season and what it means to me, what Jesus means to me.
Hallelujah! Jesus is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment