Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fond Friend Memories and Other Things

So I've really been slacking on my blog this week. Mostly because I've been so incredibly busy that when I slow down at night I fall asleep but I also find that my brain has been so tied up with the to-do lists, that I haven't had much time for reflection.

Yesterday was an important anniversary for a dear friend. She lost her mother several years ago and as I was praying for her and calling to check on her, it brought memories of times I spent with her and her mother. When we were in college I spent quite a bit of time at her house and I remember lazy afternoons of watching movies and especially playing Scrabble. I always thought I was a pretty good Scrabble player until I started playing against my friend and her mom. They would beat me every time. We had lots of fun times together and yesterday especially I was missing my dear friend because she now lives on the complete other side of the country. I just wanted to go hang out with her and spend a lazy afternoon together like the old days...watching Pretty Woman, playing Scrabble, taking a nap, cooking meals, just being together. The most I could offer was a hug through the phone and words of encouragement. I can't wait to see her in the fall. It will be a great time.

In other news, I have been to Kennedy Space Center twice this week to try to see the Space Shuttle rollout which was scrubbed both times due to weather. It is supposed to go at midnight tonight and we will once again pack up the car and head out there. For those of you who don't know what that means, the shuttle is currently in the VAB (Vertical Assembly Building). It is mated to the solid rocket boosters and external tank and will be rolled out to the launch pad to prepare for the May 14th launch. The shuttle sits on a Mobile Launch Platform (MLP) and is rolled out on a crawler that travels about 1 mile per hour, the 3.5 miles to the launch pad. As a Booster Brat, I have been raised around this stuff but this will be the first time I've ever been able to see this. So I am super excited and I really hope it happens tonight. I'll post pictures later.

The princess, in all of her allerginess (yes, I know that's not a real word) is going to see an allergist for the first time on Friday. I really hope we survive until then. She has to be off of all antihistimines for 48 hours before her appointment and she is not doing well with that. I had to stop writing a few minutes ago to help clean her up because she got sick from coughing so much. We're doing a breathing treatment right now, hoping this helps. If not, it may really and truly be a looooooonnnnnnggggg night for Mommy.

Ending on a happy note, my couponing is really starting to pay off. Tonight I went to the grocery store and got $50.01 worth of stuff for $6.95. I must say that I'm rather impressed with myself. It feels great to save money!!

Well, I'm off to get ready to see the shuttle!

2 comments:

  1. Yup. Warm fuzzies for sure. And a hankering for pork chops. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too! I was thinking about the deviled eggs.

    ReplyDelete