Friday, April 2, 2010

Taking Jesus With Me

It's been a busy day. A day when I would have loved to sit on the beach by myself and reflect on Good Friday and what that means to me as a Christian. I have thought a lot about it today, but it was in between taking my angels for a picnic at the park and running a few errands. There's often that inner pull at my heart where I long to sit at Jesus' feet and just spend those moments with him in the stillness yet in all practicality I can't do that; the Mary vs. Martha syndrome. Today I realized that it doesn't have to be a battle within. Jesus doesn't ask me to stop everything going on in my day to exclusively be with him. He asks me to take him along with me and to include him in every aspect of my day. I began to see all of the opportunities to include Christ and the many things that I already do without even realizing it. Smiling and speaking kind words to others, taking in the beauty of the day, sending up prayers of thanksgiving as well as concerns for others who are on my mind, using those teachable moments with my children to explain the wonder of Christ and how much he loves them. Listening to their belly laughs and thinking about how Jesus must love to hear it too!
This afternoon hearing my sweet baby girl sing "He Lives," or at least most of the words were right, took me back to when I was a little girl. I remember being with my mom while she was cooking or folding clothes and listening to her sing hymns. She sang while she worked and it was a natural thing for her to bring Jesus with her as she did her work. This Sunday morning I hope we sing "He Lives" in church. There will be 4 generations of us in worship singing together a song that has a powerful message, one I began learning as a young girl..."you ask my how I know He lives, He lives within my heart." Thinking about it now makes me tear up. It is because Jesus lives in my heart that I can take this dear friend, wherever I go and know that I am never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment