Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Times and Places


Yesterday I had the privilege of attending the wedding of a dear family friend. He's a bit younger than I am, and I remember when he was a baby, which makes me feel incredibly old. It was an outdoor wedding and it was just beautiful. When did I become one of those people who cries at weddings? I can't go to a wedding anymore without tearing up. I think it was probably after my own wedding when I realized the intense emotions involved and how that one day is filled with such promise for the bride and groom as they look forward to spending the rest of their lives together and beginning their own family. It takes me back to my own special day and all the joy and excitement of the day. I can remember on my wedding day, people telling me to take it all in and enjoy each moment, and that I did. What I have enjoyed more though, is thinking about how all of the love and promise of that day has grown as our little family has grown and hubby and I share this life together. So yes, I boohoo at weddings, and I never expected I would be like that.

Since the wedding was out of town and in order to get back home we would be passing Disney World, we decided to stay over in Orlando last night and take the kids to the Magic Kingdom today. I have always found the Magic Kingdom to be truly a magical place, and I love sharing this with my children. I love seeing their faces as they experience the sights and sounds. We have annual passes and it is a great escape for our family to go to Disney for the day or the weekend. It's the little things that I love...watching the princess act like a princess, watching the prince eat ice cream and get it all over himself, hubby acting silly with the twins, acting like a child myself as I am on the rides, and perhaps my most favorite thing, spending uninterrupted time with the family. When we go to Disney, we're all engaged and we laugh and play hard. It's truly my Happy Place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment