Monday, May 9, 2011

Good Morning

A few weeks ago as we were waking up Hubby rolled over and said, "Good Morning."  I of course returned the sentiment.  Hubby then explained that he heard about a study that had been done showing that couples that say "Good Morning" to each other every morning stay married longer.  I thought that was interesting and even more interesting, Hubby picked up on it and has decided to make the effort to tell me "Good Morning" each day before he leaves for work.  Many times just as the alarm is going off he says it to me.  Some mornings though, we are both tired and we don't immediately think of it.  On those mornings we may engage in other conversations and then he'll randomly say, "Good Morning."  Those mornings almost mean more than when one of us remembers right as we are waking up because when Hubby says it not out of habit, but remembers, he is saying to me, "I love you and I value our marriage.  I want to be married to you a long time."  I like how that makes me feel and now I've started trying to beat him to saying it. 

Good Morning ~ two little words that say a lot in our marriage.  I don't know what made those words so magical in the study, but I know why they are so magical to me. 

5 comments:

  1. I love this! I have to admit it made me laugh, now tje competition is on. You guys are so cute!

    -a

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting. Where did he find this? I would like to use this with my interpersonal class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, he said he heard it on a Christian radio station, a husband and wife team. I'm not sure if it is Les and Leslie Parrott or David and Lisa Frisbee or who. He didn't remember who it was that was talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love this! Most of our almost 40 years of marriage we have said this and perhaps that has aided in our making it 40 years. :o) I can't wait to tell this to my Hubby. Happy week to you!

    ReplyDelete