Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day Montage

This week I've been feeling like taking a trip down memory lane. 
My mom and Mema helped put the wallpaper border up in the nursery on Mother's Day 2004.  For some reason I can't find pictures from that day, but here is the finished product.


My first Mother's Day
We went to church and then on a picnic to Plains, Ga. 
I'm not sure why, but both babies loved to suck on each other's heads.  Prince is going in for the kill and Princess looks terrified.  In reality, she didn't mind it at all.

Mother's Day of 2006 I had just had Crohn's surgery and was feeling extremely weak.  This picture was taken a few weeks later.

Mother's Day 2007 we moved into our new house in Florida. 
Happy Mother's Day to me! We were first time homeowners!  I'm guessing we were too busy moving to take a picture of me with the kids.


Mother's Day 2008

4 Generations
Mother's Day 2009

Mother's Day 2010

My kiddos are growing up so fast!  It seems like just yesterday that I brought them home from the hospital.
Can you believe they were almost 2 months old in this picture?!
To be continued...I need to go snuggle with my babies for a while!


3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine two little ones at once. You must of had your hands full. They are so cute. Mine still snuggle and they are 12 and 10, but they are growing up and becoming independent too quickly. Enjoy your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I type this comment, tears are streaming down my face. Mother's Day in 2004, Dad and I were sitting in ICU, while Mom was losing her battle with Crohns, and we were praying for you, knowing how tough it was for you to be pregnant with twins in your condition. In 2007, Dad and I again sat together, in tears and prayed for you. I remember my Dad also crying and saying, "No, no, no ... this can't happen. Dear God, she has to live." Those words are etched in my heart, as if every ounce of love he had for my mother was now pouring out to you, begging God for his healing touch. When I think about these two times, I always breakdown and thank God for you, and for all the years he gave my Mom. She was 74 when she went to heaven. I pray that God blesses you with that many years and more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could feel the prayers. Thank you for sharing this with me. I have such wonderful memories of your mom and your dad is such a special man. Then there's you and Gene...I love you both!!

    ReplyDelete