Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

If it's Wednesday, it must be time for the Hodgepodge.  Go see Joyce and link up...BUT first read my answers!
1. Have you ever been served breakfast in bed? Do you enjoy that? If someone were serving you breakfast in bed this coming weekend what would you hope to see on the tray?

I have been served breakfast in bed, but it rarely happens.  However, over Spring Break one morning I got up with the kids and got them situated with food, drink and a television show and then went back to bed.  I was awakened a while later when Princess came into my room with a paper plate that had grapes and cookies on it.  Bless her heart, she was serving me breakfast in bed.  She is quite thoughtful.  I don't usually enjoy breakfast in bed because I don't want to get crumbs in the bed and I find it awkward to get comfy.  If someone were serving me breakfast in bed I would want eggs over easy, thick cut bacon (like the kind at Cracker Barrel), and biscuits and gravy.  Can't you hear my arteries hardening?  I'm not a big breakfast eater, but when I do eat breakfast, I more than make up for it. 

2. What is one piece of advice you would give a new mother?
Enjoy every moment.  Soak it up in your memory bank and snuggle them as long as you can.  They grow up entirely too fast!


3. When was the last time you wanted to scream? Explain.
I have children.  This means that I probably want to scream at least once a day but I am trying to practice restraint.  In all seriousness, probably the last time I wanted to scream was last Wednesday when I was trying to decide whether or not to cancel school due to the scheduled shuttle launch and couldn't get the information I needed to make a good decision.  That combined with other things going on that day made for a stressful day. 

4. Can you hula hoop?
Any preschool teacher/director worth her salt can hula hoop.  Yes, I still can hula hoop.  I just can't keep it going as long as I used to.

5. What is something people do in traffic that really bothers you?
Tailgate.  I hate it when I look in the rearview mirror and see someone right on my bumper.  When Hubby and I were dating he told my dad that he thought I was this sweet innocent little church girl until he got in the car with me behind the wheel.  I have a habit of talking to other drivers when I drive and it isn't always so nice.  However, I have shed that nasty little habit of using bad words so now it's mostly just gripes and grumbles of why can't people just drive right?!

6. What do you do when people don't admit they're wrong?
I usually hold my ground and sit back and wait.  I'm stubborn like that.

7. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word 'fun'?
I picture all of the things we do as a family with the kiddos. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am looking forward to Mother's Day.  Since becoming a mother, I am much more appreciative of my own mom and all she has done for me. 

Here is my cute Mama the day we brought the twins home from the hospital.  They were a month old.
We will spend Mother's Day with my Mema, my parents and my sis and her gang.  It will be a fun afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. Um...the talking to drivers while driving thing...yeah, well I think we learned to do that together. The only time I have said a wordy derd in front of my kids in at the wheel. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids do grow up too fast. I don't think I can hula hoop . . .
    This discourages me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of your twins all smooshed up together is precious :)
    I just visited a friend in the hospital tonight who had boy/girl twins.
    So, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet picture! I am a lot like you when I drive: )

    ReplyDelete