Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cornedbeef and Hodgepodge


It's Hodgepodge Wednesday again!  Go see Joyce at FromFrom This Side of the Pond and link up and play along.  It's fun and you'll be glad you did!
1. What would you do if you found a pot of gold? Let's pretend this pot of gold is worth exactly $1500 (which would actually be more like a cup of gold at current values). Anyway, let's also pretend you have to spend it as opposed to making a donation someplace. Now tell me what you would do with that cup pot of gold?

I hate to say it, but that $1500 would go to pay off some bills.  Hubby just got a new/used car and we'd probably put it toward that.

2. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form?
I wear green to avoid being pinched, but other than that, we don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  However, this is a busy week for birthdays and anniversaries in our family, so we do our fair share of celebrating this week.

3. Have you been bitten by the Spring Cleaning bug? What spring cleaning job most needs doing at your house? What spring cleaning job are you most dreading?
Yes, I have been bitten by the bug and I need to act fast, before I lose motivation.  I want to get rid of stuff...we have lots of stuff and I am tired of looking at stuff.  What needs to be done most is our bedroom and it is at the top of the list.  It is also the job I am most dreading, but I know the results will be wonderful when we are done.  By we, I mostly mean me, but Hubby will do the heavy lifting.

4. lime-shamrock-sage-forest...your favorite shade of green?
I love green.  It happens to be a tie for my favorite color ~ green and purple are the top two.  My favorite shade of green is sage.

5. Thomas Jefferson once said, "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." So...do you believe in luck or do you believe we make our own luck?
I don't really believe in luck.  I do believe in hard work and I believe that God is in control and He causes things to happen for a reason.  Things we might see as lucky are really blessings.

6. Monday (3/14) was Pi Day. Get it? Pi =3.14. Those math types are so clever aren't they? Since I'm not one of them tell me what's your favorite piE (the edible kind).

Oh so many to choose from!  My favorite two are French Silk and Cheesecake. 

Last night I bought a key lime pie for Hubby and I to celebrate Pi Day.  It was yummy!

7. That same date (3/14) happens to be the birthdate of the late physicist Albert Einstein. I bet he knew the value of Pi. So...what do you think is more important and or valuable in life... intelligence or common sense?
A combination of the two.  However, if I have to choose just one, I choose common sense over intelligence.  I have known some extremely intelligent people without a lick of common sense and I don't know how they get along in the world!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Here's a completely random thought...Last Wednesday we took the kids to Ash Wednesday Service.  Prince started talking to the people behind us, an older couple.  He then starts telling the lady knock-knock jokes and she played along.  Before I know it, I hear him say, "Knock-knock."
"Who's there?"
"Urp."
"Urp who?"
Before I knew what was happening, as if in slow motion, Prince makes himself belch.  Lovely.  I was mortified and apologized for his rudeness.  Luckily she kind of chuckled and said something about boys being boys, but really?!  Having a little boy is giving me quite the education.  I only had a sister growing up so I had no idea about such things.  Sure, we had our share of burping contests, but would never dream of doing so in church to a little old lady. 
He's cute and all, but how does that little brain think of these things?


4 comments:

  1. I love cheesecake.
    I really don't know...is it considered a pie or cake?

    cute answer #8
    I have 3 boys, no girls, they are full of sounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy noises just mean that he is 100% very healthy BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo of your son is so darned cute. He sure looks happy and full of fun and adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that's the worse thing he does in church, you're going to be okay! Believe me, I know...I have 3 between the ages of 16 & 22.

    ReplyDelete