Sunday, March 27, 2011

They Get It

Friday night we went out to dinner.  I love eating out with our children, they practice their good manners and it's such a pleasant time out.  Prince did something so unexpected but abosolutely precious, I just have to share.  We were eating biscuits, waiting for our entrees to come, when Prince pinches off a piece of bread and gives it to his daddy.  He said, "Jesus was the bread of life.  We are supposed to remember that Jesus died for our sins.  Daddy, the body of Jesus broken for you."  He then does the same for me and his sister.  Prince turned an ordinary dinner into a reminder of what this Lenten season is all about. 

I think I've mentioned before that Prince and Princess learn scriptures each week corresponding with a letter of the alphabet.  Last week their verse was "Visit the orphans and widows in their time of need."  Princess has such a huge heart.  I love this about her.  Lately when she prays she is truly pouring her heart out before God, just telling Him every thing that is on that little mind of hers.  She consistently prays that all of the stray dogs and cats will find good homes, all of the orphans will find new mommies and daddies with happy families, and that the widows will find new husbands.  Our pastor is retiring this summer and she is already praying for him in his retirement and for the new pastor that God will send to our church. 

The 6 year olds get it.  When I grow up I want to be like my kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment