Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Springtime Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Sunday was the first day of spring. So they say. Ahem.
What is your favorite outdoor springtime activity?

Spring has sprung here and the weather is beautiful.  My favorite outdoor springtime activities include taking the kids to the park for a picnic and going to the beach. 


2. Who would you want to come into your kitchen to cook dinner for you?

Paula Deen, y'all.  She cooks some good ol' comfort food. 

3. When did you last fly a kite?
It would probably be last summer at the beach with the kids.  They don't make kites like they used to.  They tear up in the wind and aren't as sturdy.

4. What topic puts you to sleep faster than anything?

I hate to say it, but anything financial.  I'm not a figures kind of a girl, I just want all of the details to work out and for there to be money there when I need it.  That's bad, isn't it?

5. Which flowers do you associate with specific people, places, or events?

My mom's favorite flowers are daisies.  I always think of her when I see them.
Hubby's granny had beautiful azalea and camilias so I think of her when I see those.

6. What significant historical events took place during your elementary school days?
I had a fun time trying to remember things on my own, then I did a google search and found some more things.  Here's the list:

John Lennon was assassinated.
Ronald Regan was President.
US boycott of 1980 Olympics
Prince Charles and Lady Di were married.
The first space shuttle, Columbia launched when I was in kindergarten.  John Young and Bob Crippen were on that mission.
Assassination attempt on President Regan.
Sandra Day O'Connor became the first female Supreme Court Justice
Nancy Regan's "Just Say No to Drugs" Campaign was huge.
US bombing in Beirut.
Ghandi was assassinated.
Discovery of AIDS
Space shuttle Challenger exploded.

7. Do you swear? Do you pseudo-swear? (You know crap, shoot, friggin'?)

Why did you have to ask this question?  Can I plead the 5th Amendment?  OK, so here's the deal.  I try very hard not to swear.  I have small children, I work with small children and I just plain old don't think it sounds lady like or is Christ-like behavior.  I do on ocassion slip up and say things I shouldn't say. 
Do I pseudo-swear? As in using substitutions?  It depends on the word.  I'm not particularly fond of anything that sounds like the "f" word, friggin' included so that one I don't use.  I do say shoot and crap even though I don't like the word crap.  I'm a work in progress and this is something I have felt strongly about and am working to change.  I have really gotten into the mode of saying "Oh my goodness" or "Oh my heavens" more because around little ears you have to be so careful.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Today is the first day in over a week that both kids have been back to school after being sick.  We are still doing nebulizer treatments and antibiotics with Prince and eye drops and allergy meds with Princess, but I am really hoping they are on the upswing.  Now I have started feeling run down.  I'm trying to rest and keep myself from getting any worse.  At least next week is Spring Break.  Wahoo!!

2 comments:

  1. #2 I LOVE Paula Deen and almost put her, but when I was writing it, I thought of T and K. We ate at The Lady and Sons with them and they are in Atlanta now. I use one of her cookbooks on a regular basis.

    #8 I hope your pumpkins are feeling better soon. Sick children are tiring. Give yourself permission to spend an afternoon napping on that beautiful porch you shared pictures of recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be happy to have Paula Deen in my house too : ) Glad the little ones are on the mend...stay well!

    ReplyDelete