Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Remembering the Wedding ~ 9 Years Later

In honor of our 9th Wedding Anniversary, I wanted to share some wedding pictures of Hubby and I.  I love looking back at the old pictures and remember this special day.  But before I share the wedding pics, here are a couple of oldies but goodies.  Hubby and I have been friends since 7th grade.  Our first official date was to the homecoming dance our freshman year of highschool.
With my hairdo and all, I was actually taller than him!

We were kind of on again, off again in school.  We went to homecoming again our junior year.

He grew!

OK, so here are the pictures from 9 years ago today.  It was a magical day! 

My handsome Hubby!

Me and my girls!
My beautiful sister was my matron of honor.



The wedding day was perfect.  I can still see the sanctuary full of smiling faces and my daddy walked me down the aisle, the smile on Hubby's face as he waited for me to get to him.  I can hear the pastor's voice as he spoke.  He was the pastor from my childhood, and he came back to marry me off.  The organist was our organist when I was in high school and she and I were so close.  People joked that I brought back the "All-stars" to come do my wedding.  I guess I did.  My friends and family were there as Hubby and I were served communion, our first official act as husband and wife.  I can still see the candle lit church at the end of the ceremony as everyone in the sanctuary held up lit candles and sang "Blest Be the Tie That Binds."  The reception was great fun as we ate and danced and visited with the 300 guests that came to celebrate with us.  It really was a grand day.  I wanted the Princess, Fairy Tale wedding and I got it.  I also realize though, that the wedding is one day out of a lifetime together. I knew that being married would be great, I just never knew how much fun we'd have together.  The last 9 years have been the best of my life and I couldn't imagine spending them with anyone else. 
The scriptures and theme for our wedding was from Ecclesiastes 4:9-12:
 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work. If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!  Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?  Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

This marriage takes 3 ~ Hubby, God, and me.  God is at the center of everything in our lives.  I can't imagine it any other way.  We've had some bumpy times with my health, the issues we had when the babies arrived, and just other life happenings.  Had we not had that strong cord of three strands, I'm not sure how we would have survived. 
Next year we will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and our 25th anniversary of being friends.  Time really flies when you are having fun! 
And they lived happily ever after...

8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    Those top pics made me laugh and cringe at the same time. Those were the days, weren't they!! ;) May poofy bangs stay banished forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Hey, I found some other great old pics the other day too. Think about prom my senior year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! I love that you have literally grown (up) with your husband. Congratuations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those pics from high school! Wishing you many more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. I don't remember holding up the candle but I remember catching the bouquet. :)

    Congrats on the first 9 years. Wishing you love and happiness for years and years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two have a beautiful story! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me just say for the record I'm glad that I've lost about 50 lbs since that day, woh! Memory lane...it was a beautiful day!!!!


    Ang

    ReplyDelete