Wednesday, March 30, 2011

April Fool's Hodgepodge

It's time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge!  Everybody go link up with Joyce and play along!  If you don't link up, at least go say hi to her!
1. April rolls in at the end of this week and in celebration of that infamous date (April 1st) answer this question-What is something foolish you've done?
Oh, too many things to count.  
I can remember one time in college when I decided to get adventurous and cook.  I had not cooked much using fresh ingredients.  I don't remember what the dish was, but it was something italian and it called for 3 or 4 cloves of garlic.  I used 3 BULBS of garlic.  By the way, The Queen of Brussels Sprouts was my roommate.  Good times.

It's a good thing I have learned to laugh at myself and not take things too seriously, although at times I still struggle with it.

2. With April comes Easter and that classic edible treat known as Peeps...so tell me...what's your favorite way to fix/eat chicken? That wasn't what you were expecting, was it? I 'fooled' you. teehee.

My favorite way to eat chicken is fried, but that's not the most healthy way.  More often than not I eat it marinated and grilled.  And by the way, I do not like peeps.  Not a huge fan of marshmallows.

3. What's the best museum you've ever visited? Or your favorite? Or the one you'd most like to visit?
Probably the best museum I've ever visited was the Smithsonian in Washington DC.  There are many other museums I would love to visit as well.  We love museums and aquariums!
4. You know what they say about April showers...what's your preference-a shower or a bath?

Definitely a long, hot as I can stand it, bubble bath with lots of candles and a glass of wine.


5. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"...fact or fiction? Why?
I think that's true.  Sometimes you don't realize what you have until you don't have it any more and then when you start to miss it, you realize how wonderful it is.  Hubby and I dated long distance for about 2 years and it was really tough not to be able to see each other as often as we'd like.  He was 4-6 hours away at any given time.  Even though we have been married for 9 years, I still think about those days and am so appreciative of the time we can spend together now.  I remember how rough it was to say goodbye on those Sunday afternoons and am so thankful and feel so blessed that we are now married.

6. What's your favorite product made/grown in your home state/province?
Orange juice.  I love a cold glass of OJ.

7. What is going on in the world today that affects you the most?

The end of the Space Shuttle program with no other vehicle in line behind it.  The economy here is in the tank with no sign of things getting better.  We have so many scientists and engineers that are losing their jobs with nothing to go to.  Of course it isn't just the space industry that is affected by this.  There is a ripple effect in the community with all of the businesses being affected.


8. Insert your own random thought here.
Spring Break has kind of been a bust so far.  We had hoped to go to the beach Monday and it poured rain all day.  We did end up taking the kids bowling, which was lots of fun.  Yesterday Hubby stayed home from work sick so I had to look after him and get prescriptions filled, etc.  Allergy season is not fun around our house.  I'm hoping to get a little spring cleaning done and then we'll attempt the beach again on Friday.

Don't forget to leave a comment on yesterday's post, for my Blogiversary Give Away!  You have until midnight eastern time tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Ha-loved that garlic story! I've never been to Queen of Brussel Sprouts blog so will have to go visit.

    The economy impacts everything...more social issues arise out of a bad economy too. Plus, it's just kind of sad to see the shuttle program end.

    Congrats on your blog anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..I would have no idea what a clove of garlic is. I just use garlic powder.

    I grew up in Fl and loved watching the rockets (1960's) go up. Even tho it's been years, I too am saddened to see it all end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Word. That is a lot of garlic! The hubs still married you after that? Brave man. :D

    ReplyDelete