Tuesday, January 11, 2011
100th Blog Post
100 Things About Me
1. I married my best friend and soul mate almost 9 years ago.
2. I never imagined I would have twins and would have never hoped for that, but I could never imagine my life any other way.
3. My favorite colors are purple and green.
4. I have never flown on an airplane. I used to be terribly afraid of flying. Now that I am ready to fly, we have two little ones. Maybe someday soon.
5. I suffered from anxiety attacks in college.
6. I was Drum Major my junior year of high school and also Drum Major for the state's All-Star Marching Band one summer.
7. I played clarinet, xylophone, tenor sax, bass clarinet, piano, and handbells in high school. I tried bassoon and hated it.
8. My degree is in Special Education, Learning Disabilities.
9. I love to cook and to try new recipes.
10. I usually end up cooking the same things over and over again.
11. I have a younger sister and we're very close.
12. Hubby's and my song is Debbie Gibson "Lost In Your Eyes."
13. It was the first song we ever danced to in middle school and also our first dance as husband and wife.
14. I am left-handed.
15. I get angry quickly and stay angry a long time. I dislike this about myself.
16. I can remember phone numbers and birthdays easily. Numbers just stay in my head.
17. My favorite number is 5.
18. I loved living in Georgia, but hated being away from my family.
19. I love to talk on the telephone, but don't have the time for it anymore.
20. I want to go to seminary and get a Master's of Divinity.
21. I love being around people.
22. I feel closest to God at the beach and in the mountains.
23. Hubby and I went to the beach and the mountains on our honeymoon.
24. I have never broken a bone.
25. I have had 5 surgeries (including my c-section).
26. I gave birth to the twins both ways - Princess came vaginally and Prince was breech so had to be taken by emergency c-section.
27. I have spent way too much time in hospitals.
28. I still have nightmares from when the twins were born and the month we spent in the NICU with them.
29. I would rather go to the gynecologist than the dentist.
30. I love to read.
31. My favorite television shows are not on anymore. They include: The West Wing and Seventh Heaven.
32. I love children, my own and other people's.
33. I want to write a book someday.
34. I want God to use me in a big way.
35. Whenever I ask God to use me in a big way He tells me to Bloom where I'm planted.
36. This frustrates me sometimes, as I don't always think I'm making a difference.
37. I am a loyal friend.
38. I am a "play by the rules" kind of girl, but wish I were a little more of a rebel.
39. I love going to plays and musicals.
40. I have seen "Fiddler on the Roof" 4 times.
41. I think that Harrison Ford gets more handsome with age.
42. I loved high school.
43. I wouldn't want to go back and do it again, though.
44. I went away to college for one semester my sophomore year, and then returned home to finish up at the local university.
45. I love to shop.
46. One of my dream jobs is to be a Personal Shopper.
47. Getting a great deal on something gives me a high.
48. Going to Disney World makes me feel like a kid again.
49. I loved every second of being pregnant, but there won't be any more babies for me.
50. I wish I were more organized than I am.
51. I was a vegetarian for 3 years in high school.
52. I love to eat raw cookie dough. I'd rather eat the dough than the cookies.
53. I really miss my Grandaddy. Sometimes I dream that he's here and I wake up thinking it's true. He died almost 15 years ago.
54. I love sappy movies.
55. There are some movies that I used to love that I can't watch since having children. Among them are "Steel Magnolias" and "Stepmom."
56. I cry at sappy commercials.
57. I love Diet Coke.
58. Fall is my favorite season.
59. I don't like roller coasters.
60. I am fluent in sign language.
61. I love that Hubby goes Black Friday shopping with me.
62. I sort my M&M's by color then eat them in rainbow order one at a time.
63. I seriously hate doing laundry.
64. I love the smell of a new box of crayons.
65. Going to the library makes me feel stupid because I don't know how to use their database. I liked the card catalog better.
66. There's nothing more relaxing than a hot bath with candles and a glass of wine.
67. I make lots of lists.
68. I love office supplies.
69. I love watching Disney movies with my children.
70. I love it when the kids climb in my bed in the mornings to snuggle. I want to stay there all day.
71. I think my mom is beautiful and I love it when people tell me I look like her.
72. I am not afraid to die.
73. I love that my kids know two of their great-grandmothers.
74. Hubby proposed to me in Savannah, Georgia in front of the John Wesley statue.
75. He said there was no better place to propose to a good little Methodist girl.
76. I've never seen Hubby so nervous.
77. I waited so long for Hubby to propose that when he did finally ask me, my response was, "Let me think about it."
78. When I said that, the blood drained out of his face.
79. He's never let me live that down.
80. Princess is named after my great-granny.
81. Prince has the same initials as Hubby's grandfather.
82. I believe in Happily Ever After.
83. I am a control freak.
84. I love spending time with my girlfriends, but feel guilty for being away from my family.
85. Mommy guilt is a terrible thing and I have a lot of it.
86. My favorite desserts are cheesecake and french silk pie.
87. I don't really like surprises.
88. I'm a planner but wish I were more spontaneous.
89. My first car was a 1979 Buick Regal. It was totalled a few weeks after I got my license.
90. I love doing random acts of kindness.
91. I wish on stars.
92. I don't like to get dirty or sweaty.
93. I love writing letters to people.
94. I love writing in general...poetry, journaling, blogging.
95. I find it difficult to talk about myself for this long.
96. I like to learn about other people.
97. It is hard for me to accept compliments.
98. I check my blog often for comments and it makes me happy when people leave comments.
99. I am an early to bed, early to rise person and I really need sleep.
100. I never thought I would think of 100 things to say about myself.