Sunday, January 2, 2011

Magic Memories


I might have mentioned before that we have annual passes to Disney.  Well, our passes are going to expire later this month and we aren't going to renew them this year so we are trying to get every last use out of them possible. 
Today we went to the Magic Kingdom and had such a great time.  The Christmas decorations were still up and the poinsettia trees and the landscapes were just beautiful. 
I love that Prince and Princess have such wonderful imaginations.  They are at the perfect age to enjoy the characters, sights, sounds, and smells.

Our first stop was Thunder Mountain.  My children have decided that they love roller coasters.  While I am not a roller coaster person, I can stomach Big Thunder. 
I sat next to Princess on this ride.  She is a "Woo!" girl.  Do you know what a "Woo!" girl is?  It's a girl who is the life of the party and loves to squeal "Woo!" at the top of her lungs.  Princess rides most of Thunder Mountain with her hands raised above her head going, "Woo!" in her high pitched little girl voice.  I'm not sure how it is that my daughter is a "Woo!" girl.  I wasn't a "Woo!" girl, I was a band geek.  Hubby didn't hang out with "Woo!" girls in school, he hung out with me and he was the editor of the school paper, need I say more?  Anyway, my little Princess is cooler at age 6 than I ever dreamed of being and she brings the party with her.  We had a blast on this ride while Hubby sat this one out.  He had to pace himself, after all.


I think I'm getting too old to ride the teacups.  Prince and Princess had me spinning so hard that I thought I was going to toss my cookies.  Hubby graciously volunteered to not ride this one so he could video us from off the ride.  Actually, he's never been able to do the teacups, it really will make him sick, so it's always a given that I ride this with the kids, but they seriously have some arm strength and can get us spinning pretty fast.
Prince said the funniest thing as we were getting on one of the rides today. I think it was the Winnie the Pooh ride. He said, "Dad, I thought Disney was the most magical place on Earth, but it's not."
To which Hubby replied, "Why do you say that?"
Prince said, "I thought it was all magic but they have to push buttons to make the rides go."
I love that kid! He's got it all figured out in that little head of his.


This picture is blurry, but I had to include it. You see, Hubby's LEAST favorite ride at Magic Kingdom is It's a Small World, yet he took one for the team and rode it.  Way to go Hubby ~ you're so awesome!  Do you know how I know he's awesome?  He has a shirt that says so!

Remember this picture?  This is how I know my Hubby is awesome.

Anywho, we did Small World, we did most of Fantasy Land, we did Tomorrow Land, we rode Pirates, we did a lot of stuff today.  We saved the best for last.  We rode Splash Mountain, hoping that we wouldn't get too wet.  It all depends on where you sit and where your boat is when as to how wet you get.  We've been pretty lucky not to get soaked in quite a while.  Guess what...
We got soaked!
Of course "Woo!" girl loved it and said "Woo!" the entire time, with her hands in the air.
I hope my Prince and Princess never lose their imagination and enthusiasm for life.  It's days like today that I realize how blessed I am to be a mommy ~ their mommy.  Woo!


2 comments:

  1. You remind me more and more of your beautiful mom. That is a great pictue, and I so remember her smile to be the same one in her eyes.

    ReplyDelete