Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's All About Love

This was an interesting weekend.  I told you yesterday that Hubby had a guy weekend with his brother, which was well deserved.  He has only been away from us when work calls.  He needed time to play and get away with his brother.  So my sister-in-law and I planned a weekend away for the boys and she booked a hotel near some neat places for the guys to play and do guy stuff.  On the way to meet his brother, Hubby's truck had some issues.  Isn't that always the way?  His brother ended up coming to pick him up in a Publix parking lot and they went about their weekend of fun.
I told you about the Gleaning Project yesterday.  That was great fun for the kids and I...maybe too much fun for by evening, I was losing my cool.  I had just threatened to send Prince to bed instead of letting them watch a movie when Prince looked at me with his lip pooched out and said, "But Mom, love does not anger.  Don't you love me?"  I'm sorry, emotional blackmail at such a young age?!  I'm pretty sure I was quite a bit older before I started with my parents. I then explained that love doesn't sass, nor does it let children behave badly.  While I was correcting him, I was quite impressed that Prince could throw that one at me.  It also reminded me that Love is Patient.  Perhaps in my tired state I wasn't as patient as I could have been.  (I'm sure none of you have ever felt that way.)  Anyway, I have decided that since February is upon us I am going to meditate and pray on the Love Chapter this month.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails.

In other news, Princess has discovered the Beatles...as in the music group that was our parents' music.  She now wants to listen to their CDs non-stop.  What can I say?  She has classic taste in music.  She also came to tell me something this afternoon and randomly made quotation marks in the air.  I don't know where she has seen that, but she tried to do it and it was precious!
I can't wait for Hubby to get back this afternoon!

1 comment: