Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Super Questions for the Wednesday Hodgepodge
It's Hodgepodge Wednesday again! This is a great way to get to know other bloggers and see how much alike and different you are from your blogging buddies. If you would like to participate in Joyce's Hodgepodge go HERE and link up. If not, go there anyway and say hi to her!
1. Will you watch the Super Bowl? If so who will you root for? If you are outside the USA what is the 'big deal sporting event' in your own country?
We will watch the Super Bowl but mostly for the commercials. We aren't big into sports at our house, except for the teams my kids have been on, but we usually watch the Super Bowl because it seems like too big of a thing not to watch.
2. Is ignorance bliss?
That totally depends on the situation. There are times when it is good not to know certain things. Then again, there are times when knowing that thing could be helpful to you. I'm thinking specifically about people and relationships.
3. Which of the seven dwarfs are you? (and just in case your Disney is a little bit rusty, here they are-Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy)
I think I'm a little bit of all of them...except for Sneezy because I don't really have allergies that bad.
4. When you are riding in the car with another couple how do you organize the seating? (Men up front? Women up front? Couples sit together?) And thanks to Lori at Mountain Woman at Heart for the question! Everyone go say hi to Lori.
Usually we sit men together and women together so we can talk easier. While at times we are all engaged in one conversation, at some point we will break up into our own little conversations and it makes it easier that way.
5. What is beauty?
It's all in the eye of the beholder.
6. If someone asks you to bring an appetizer or a dessert to a party in their home, which would you choose?
I bring one of each. I like a balance of savory and sweet and I ususally can't decide which I want to bring...so I bring both!
7. What is your crowd pleasing go-to appetizer?
Rotel and velveeta dip with tortilla chips. It's an old family stand-by and we all love it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Prince came home from school today with a "Seatwork Award." This is something we've been working on with him because Prince tends to daydream or get to talking or distracted. Today he got a little award since he had done such a great job on his work today. He couldn't wait to call Hubby as soon as we pulled away from the school. This was the conversation on the phone:
Prince: Dad, it's me and I have good news.
Hubby: What is it?
Prince: I got a Seatwork Award today. Do you know why?
Hubby: Wow, why?
Prince: Because I finished all of my work and my teacher said that I did a good job on my papers and furthermore, I think I got all E's on my papers today.
Stop the bus. Did my kindergartner just say "furthermore!?" We don't talk like that usually, so where did he pick that up? By the way, E's are for Excellent, that's how they grade.
Anyway, we went to McDonald's for a milkshake treat. Princess is doing cheerleading camp after school this week so it's just Prince and me.