Thursday, February 17, 2011

Busy Bee Thursday

Today has been a crazy busy day, so my post tonight is going to be short.  I worked this morning, left work to volunteer at the kids' school, went straight home to meet the cable guy, who pulled up at the same time I did, played with my nephews for a few minutes while my sister went to the doc and her Hubby came to get them, went to Target to pick up a few quick things, fed and bathed my children in time to take them back to their school for an orientation and registration meeting for next year, sent kids home with Hubby so I could go to my ladies' Circle meeting at church and am finally sitting down at 9:30 p.m.  Thankfully not every day is this crazy.  I was so glad to come together with my Christian sisters tonight and watch Anita Renfroe, a Christian comedian.  It was a great way to end the day.  If you aren't familiar with Anita Renfroe, you need to look her up on youtube.  She came up with the classic "Mom Song" to the William Tell Overture:



Before signing off for the night, I want to tell you a funny about Prince.  This morning on our way to school, we saw my grandmother on her walk.  We stopped to talk to her.  Mema was wearing a kind of cross between a scarf and a towel on her head to keep her hair from frizzing in the humidity.  Prince had never seen her wear this and he says, "Mema, you look like a fortune teller.  Do you have a crystal ball?"  My Mema did not miss a beat and said, "I don't have a crystal ball, but next time when I see you I will tell you your fortune."  As we pulled away and I rolled up my window, Prince said, "But Mom, I thought you said fortune telling was fake and all that crystal ball stuff was of the devil!"  I had to explain to him that Mema was teasing him and playing along with what he said, that it is fake and that only God knows the future.  If I ever had any doubts about how well they listen to what I say, I need not.  They listen and they will remind you verbatim of what you said at every opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment