Friday, February 18, 2011

Pass It On

It's been a long day.  Princess woke up with a fever and an earache at 3:00 this morning.  I've been up and going since then.  Let's just say that I was not encouraged by the start of my day.  However, things turned around quickly.  My dad agreed to keep Princess because I had a meeting I had to attend today.  After dropping Prince off at school I drove through Dunkin Donuts, you know, just to get an unsweet tea.  However, since I was there, I figured I may as well get a blueberry donut.  After I ordered I pulled up to the window, only to find out that the car in front of me bought my breakfast.  What an unexpectedly nice thing to do.  I've been on the giving end of random acts of kindness like this, but never on the receiving end.  What a great feeling and a great way to turn my day around.  Now I'm looking for an opportunity to pass that kindness along to someone else.  It's true, kindness is contagious and it makes you feel good to be on the giving and receiving ends.

4 comments:

  1. I used to do that on the turnpike when I drove home from school. My old priest at St Teresa's actually gave us the idea. He said it was always good to practice random acts of kindness and why not on the road? Maybe it would help cut down on road rage.

    Love you, Ro. Hope you have a good long weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. Bet it tasted even better because of that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that! It's just wonderful when God moves someone to give you a little pick-me-up. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great idea! :) And yummy donut!

    ReplyDelete