I woke up at 4:00 this morning with lots of thoughts swirling around in my head. Most of them had to do with things I needed to get done at work today, but I also have a long list of things to do at home, and then there are the things that I want to do for myself and can never find the time to do. So here's a list of Thursday Thoughts:
1. Happy Anniversary to my Mom and Dad! or Happy in-the-nursery as I used to say when I was little
They have been married for 38 years. That's a long time, but I guess time flies when you're having fun.
Speaking of which, in staff meeting yesterday, Pastor told about a lady he met in the hospital who was in her 90's. Her husband is 101 and they've been married over 70 years. Now that's a long time!
2. I folded and put away A LOT of clothes today. There are still lots more that need to be done but it won't be tonight. I think we have too many clothes at our house. Actually, I would be in favor of disposable clothes. Then I wouldn't have to do laundry. Of course that isn't a very "green" way to think now, is it?! Oh well, just a thought.
3. Speaking of laundry, I really need to clean out my dresser drawers. Does anyone else have this problem? I have many single socks that I'm not sure where the matches ever went, but they haven't been seen for quite some time. I think the sock monster must have eaten them. My sock drawer only scratches the surface but it's a good start. I won't even tell you about the purses in my closet that need to be gone through.
4. I got a lot of things marked off my to do list at work today. Do you ever make lists just so you can cross things off? Like you know what you need to do and maybe you've even done a couple of the things on your list but you still put them on there so you can feel all accomplished when you see how many things you have actually crossed off. Just sayin' it's a good feeling.
5. I hope my kids are ready for their spelling tests tomorrow. Princess is having a little trouble remembering how to spell "eight." Such a hard word for kindergarten. They are all number words this week: five, six, seven, eight, nine. Seven and eight are tripping her up. I've been trying to make up little cheerleading chants to help her remember how to spell her words. She tells me I don't make a good cheerleader. Woo girl is right and she's definitely cooler than me. BUT at least I know how to get her to remember her spelling words, even if I'm not a woo girl like her.
6. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. These 5 day work weeks just about kill ya.
7. Do you ever get in a cranky mood for no apparent reason and you wish you could have an out of body experience to get away from yourself but you can't? Me neither. I don't feel like that tonight at all. Just wondering if you ever do.
E-I-G-H-T. (I think I've been practicing spelling words too long tonight) Perhaps a hot bubble bath and a glass of wine will help to cure the grumpies. I mean, not that I'm grumpy or anything but if I were, I might try that and see if I feel better.
Good night! I'm off to fill up the tub!